
Thursday 30th April
Saw Belinda today she is happy with my progress. I am not sleeping that well seems to have cold flushes all night and waking to express is hard going to take my temperature tonight to see if I have an infection coming.
Rang the midwife this morning Noah had had a large vomit over night and feeds had been stopped and put on a Baxter pump with 7ml per hour on constant slow feed. By the time I got there was on 9ml per hour and he was coping well. The pump should be on for a few days then a bolus feeds again. He had put on 20 grams = 1310grams that 2lb 8oz. I spent time today holding him I kept kissing his hands and saying “Kisses for Noah” and he would smile. I got it on video was worth a million dollars that he knows my voice. While he was in the crib and I was expressing I was talking to him and he would try and open his eyes to look at me and smile when I said his name. I didn’t think it was possible for a baby to smile so young but just seeing his facial expression change was so perfect. I felt like a huge bond was made between us.
I went in also to the SCBU and NICU support and education session. Was very informative and nice to meet other mums. Will go again next week too. Just means I need someone to pick up Rachel as is a late arvo for me but is well worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment