
Sunday 26th April
Noah's doing well today. Oxyflow now on 2L and on 4ml of milk every 2 hours. He is tolerating both really well. TPN has gone down 1ml and lipids on 0.4ml/ hour. He had a weight gain of 30grams last night. He was much settled today and looked so much calmer and his skin normal colour again. Geoff and Marion came in to meet him and brought some bibs and a CD. Aunty Dorothy came in too. Was nice to finally have someone from my family come in. she took some pictures and I hope they have emailed them to mum cause she hasn’t received the Hansen ones yet. I hope that isn’t cause of the letter I sent asking for them not to be put on face book. Kate and Todd came into they didn’t stay long. Rachel and Jacob came in with some presents they had bought with Michael and they also got some presents from Noah. Rachel got a Barbie and Jake got car. They loved him so much and talked to him for ages. Tonight I got cuddle him for a hour before they sent me back saying he had had a big day and needed to sleep. He is trialing no Oxyflow at 7am so will see him tomorrow. Photographer was organized by Kimberlee so will be in tomorrow.

Monday 27th April
I got to leave the hospital today so now discharged is hard to leave my baby there. Went to see Noah today he doing well. They stopped the Oxyflow at 7am and so far is doing really well. He has had his fat lipids ceased and milk increased to 10ml per 2 hours. They have called the LMHS to see if he can be moved in the next week. His TPN has gone down and looks so much happier without all the cords. The photographer came today and took some great pics the kids were there too so were waiting for some really good ones. I couldn’t hire a breast pump I tried to call everywhere but no one had one so I am trying to use my old mini medela which sounds like it is dying. Hopefully new one will be here soon. Will call NICU soon to see how Noah is going.

Tuesday 28th April
First day without my boy close by was very hard. Is Noah 1 week birthday and Aaron and I went in to the chat and social group for NICU babies and met other great mums going through the same as us. Was a good thing to do and made me feel so much more secure in my limbo land. We went and had a cuddle with Noah. His feeds now on 15ml per 2 hours. And TPN on 2ml/ hour. He had had a good night and put on 30 grams taking to 1260grams 2lb 7oz. he seems less grumpy today as well and loved his cuddle time. We spoke to the doctors about him staying in WCH and not going to LMHS and they seemed ok with that choice so hopefully he will stay there till he comes home. Expressing has been hard today milk seems to have dwindled off maybe it is just a bad day. Will call hospital later tonight for an update but usually when I call they say he is doing really well and asleep. Doctors also notified us today Noah maturity shows he was actually due the 18th June so makes his corrected age 32+5 which means hopefully will be home sooner. Had to contend with another baby today was so hard to have a term baby born after Noah in my arms. I just wanted my baby so bad. Made me feel really low tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment