So yesterday I started spotting and cervix was so low. I couldn’t wee and I felt like I had to poo like nothing. Was the Billy Joel concert too which I had paid so much money for I couldn’t not go. Was a wonderful concert but left me in so much pain. My uterus is so sore pressing on my back and stopping me weeing.
So today I called the hospital and said I wanted to come in and see the gyny they said their was no appointment and I would have to go to women’s emergency. I asked to speak to them and they put my straight thru to the obs. She was horrid when I said my symptoms, what needs to be done and could I come in. she said it was so rare I was over reacting and come in but I would have wait to be seen as was non urgent. I was so angry I went back to bed and sulked. After an hour I decided I couldn’t risk the baby or my health and I would have to go in.
I went in and waited for the nurse to assess me I was so grumpy and they must have known as noone came near me. After a while they brought me a sandwich and said my notes had arrived and Professor Dekka had put in a huge screed if I was to present. They called the horrid ob straight away to come down and do what was instructed. After about 4 hours I was fitted with pessary 73mm OUCH!!
Instantly I could wee and the pressure went. Gus had left instructions that I didn’t have to stay for observation and I could handle manually maneuvering my uterus into place so no admission was necessary. He also put in the fact I was to be referred to him from here for scan and tests to prevent miscarriage or prem labour. The ob seemed unimpressed with his instructions and she couldn’t make her own judgment but as the consult went on she agreed anyway.
The pessary went in and I stole the other one they had so I could show everyone the size of the dish inside my vagina. It is uncomfortable as it is pushing my uterus is a direction it really doesn’t want to go but I know the feeling eases off and by 20 weeks it gets taken out.
Doctor also signed my due date as 20th June 2009 so the dates are all over the place again.
excellent report on my uterus issues http://www.emedicine.com/Med/topic3473.htm
I also had another appointment and got to catch up for a bit with Tracey. Got a script from Belinda and had a general chat about life since my ex and how different it has been. Also discussed my break down the other weekend and strategies of communicating what I need to Aaron. Am finally feeling pregnant now got my pessary in which has relieved my pressure, inability to pee and poop and relieving my morning sickness.



No comments:
Post a Comment