Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jacobs Birth Story (snap shot)

Jacob was a planned pregnancy and took about 5 months to conceive. Once again with I started bleeding in first trimester and I got another scan to show his stunning heart beating away. I was so lucky to be part of the Northern Women's Midwifery unit and to see my own midwife who worked with the LMHS so I could have my continuity and care as needed. Her name is Patrice and she was the best thing with my birth and labour.

At 12 weeks a pessary was put into again due to trouble urination. I was admitted into hospital for 5 days for urination issues. Was seen my psychiatrist throughout whole pregnancy due to antennal depression and psychosis and the need for medications. I was admitted to maternity ward many times during this pregnancy due to mental health and need to rest.

I was induced at 37 weeks for need of more medications for mental health. Birth was horrid. Needed syntocin, gels, waters broken, epidural and then baby had low heart rate and I was threatened with a c/section. I hemorrhaged after birth also. Was very scary and horrid experience for both Jake and I. Yet Patrice made it perfect she advocated for me and the baby. Gave me confidence and trust in my body and the baby, she made sure that Jake was not taken away and I was given proper while still able to have bonding with my baby.

I did also get long admission Due to mental health observation and Jake breathing was no quite right. I was admitted to Helen Mayo for 1 week respite. Mental illness was a lot less that with daughter. I breast fed for 24 months

No comments: